Car Accident Lawyer in Pineville, LA
The CDC reported that car accident injuries account for more than one million days of hospitalization among American adults each year. Whiplash is one example of a relatively mild injury; however, these accidents can also cause severe brain damage or even death.
Upwards of 2.5 million Americans sought medical attention in 2012 after suffering crash-related injuries, with over 200,000 requiring inpatient care. The families of victims in the United States feel tremendous grief and pain as a result of these injuries. In 2012, accident-related medical expenses totaled $18 billion, and lifetime lost productivity due to injuries cost the economy $33 billion.
Get in touch with Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC, Car Accident Lawyer In Pineville, LA, if you or a loved one have been hurt in a car crash caused by another driver’s carelessness. Our phone number is 318-413-6731 if you’d prefer to call. There is no charge for the consultation, and you won’t have to pay anything unless we conclude your case favorably. It means you get the legal assistance you need, at the right time without having to worry about financial obligations like lawyer’s fees during this challenging period.
Common Injuries In Car Accidents
The severity of any injury can vary widely. High-velocity car crashes can cause almost any potential injury. In any case, here are some of the most typical injuries sustained in car crashes:
- Whiplash is the most common injury people suffer in car accidents, and it causes pain and stiffness in the neck and upper back. Accidents can cause this if the victim’s head is thrown forward and backward at high speeds, putting stress on the ligaments in the neck. While mild cases of whiplash usually heal on their own, severe neck injuries sometimes require extensive medical care.
- Knee and leg injuries happen when a person’s lower body is subjected to excessive force due to a vehicle defect. The severity of these wounds ranges from superficial cuts and bruises to the crushing of limbs or even amputation.
- A broken bone is usually a serious injury that requires immediate medical attention. Compound fractures are the most severe type of bone fracture. Here, the bone makes a literal incision in the flesh.
No injuries on this list are any better than the others, but the spinal cord and brain injuries, the last two on the list, have the greatest potential for severe consequences.
Like the other types of injuries listed above, spinal injuries can range from mild to severe. Paralysis of varying degrees can result from a significant injury to the spine.
An individual with a spinal injury could be paralyzed in either of two ways, depending on the “neurological level” of the spine that was damaged in the accident. Arms, pelvic organs, hands, legs, and trunk are all impaired in tetraplegia (also known as quadriplegia). Paralysis is limited to the trunk, legs, and pelvic organs in patients with paraplegia.
A person’s standard of living could be drastically and irrevocably altered after suffering a spinal cord injury. If you suspect that someone has suffered a severe spinal injury, you should know the symptoms to look out for and call emergency services right away.
A minor bump to the head can cause a concussion or other less severe but potentially debilitating brain injury. Minor head injuries typically manifest with the following symptoms: headache, dizziness, a feeling of spinning, mild confusion, vomiting, and momentary ringing sensations in the ears.
Loss of consciousness, balance issues, seizures, vomiting, disorientation, abnormal eye movement, persistent headaches, inability to focus the eyes, loss of muscle control, memory loss, mood changes, and the leaking of a clear fluid from the ears or nose are all common signs of a severe head injury.
Don’t hesitate to seek medical attention if you think someone has suffered a severe head injury. As soon as possible, contact emergency services and a Car Accident Lawyer In Pineville, LA.
In the event of an automobile accident, please do not hesitate to contact our Car Accident Lawyer In Pineville, LA. Contact the law firm of Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC if you or a close one has been injured due to another driver’s carelessness. Chris J. Roy, Jr., a third-generation automobile accident attorney who graduated from LSU and is a native of Louisiana, has been in practice for 30 years.
All of the information you need to file a claim and secure the compensation you’re owed can be found in our auto accident attorneys’ extensive experience and resources. Contact Chris and his team of skilled Car Accident Lawyers In Pineville, LA, via this website or by dialing (318) 413-6731 to schedule a free initial consultation or get answers to any questions you might have about our services. You won’t have to pay anything unless we conclude your case, including the consultation fee and any fees or costs incurred along the way.
Car Accident Lawyer In Pineville, LA
Most of us drive around without considering the various types of vehicles that share our roads. The difference between a car and a truck doesn’t matter. However, the law classifies vehicles differently depending on factors like their weight, their function, and the cargo they carry. Additionally, different types of driver’s licenses are required to operate vehicles in each classification. In an accident, the classification of the vehicle and the driver’s license could be crucial. These particulars can make or break a claim for personal injury damages by a Car Accident Lawyer In Pineville, LA.
Chris J. Roy, Jr., an expert attorney in auto accident cases, knows how to build a strong case that results in the highest possible settlement. When you choose Chris Roy, Jr., You can trust our legal team’s nearly thirty years of combined experience and expertise. You can reach our Car Accident Lawyer In Pineville, LA, Chris J. Roy, Jr., at 1-318-413-6731 if you or a loved one has been seriously hurt or killed in a commercial vehicle accident in Pineville, or elsewhere in Central Louisiana.
In Louisiana, there are five different types of driver’s licenses available to the public: three for commercial drivers, one for chauffeurs, and one for private vehicle operators, and individuals that wish to operate motorcycles need to get an endorsement to their existing license.
- Class A drivers are authorized to operate any range of commercial vehicles, including 26,001 pounds gross vehicle weight or more.
- Those with a Class B heavily loaded straight vehicle permit are authorized to operate any vehicle in Classes C, D, and E, as well as any single vehicle with a GVW of 26,001 pounds or more.
- All vehicles in Classes D and E, as well as any single vehicle weighing less than 26,001 lbs., are legal for Class C drivers to operate.
- Class D license holders are considered chauffeurs and are authorized to operate any vehicle in Class E and any single commercial motor vehicle with a GVWR between 10,001 and 26,999 pounds. Also 26,000 pounds.
- Holders of a Class E license are permitted to operate any single motorized vehicle weighing less than 10,001 pounds for personal use. Any car whose Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) is less than 10,000 pounds is permitted to tow a vehicle. GVWR.
Pineville Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMVs) are defined by federal law as those with a GVWR of 10,001 pounds or more or more utilized in commercial transport of goods or people. Any motor vehicle used or operated on a public highway for hire or compensation other than by a charter carrier, common, or contract, or by a church, church school, or religious order is considered a commercial vehicle under Louisiana law.
What Exactly Is A Common Carrier?
When something goes missing while being transported, the ultimate responsibility usually falls on the person or business responsible for the transport. A regulatory body has granted permission to provide these services to the general public. Sometimes it’s not apparent what function a car is serving. With so many moving parts within large companies like UPS, FedEx, and DHL, it can be challenging to trace a package back to its origin. Some situations that exist include:
- A wide variety of vehicles on the road, including courier vans, limos, and box trucks, each presents its unique dangers
- Services that must meet strict deadlines for delivery
- Constantly changing cargo. Inadequately trained motorists are navigating unfamiliar streets
- Drivers sleepy, intoxicated, or otherwise preoccupied are more likely to take risks like exceeding the speed limit, failing to use their turn signals, and failing to come to a complete stop at stoplights or just before making a right-on-red turn
- There are both employees and independent contractors
- Some of them might not be certified or have adequate insurance
In any of these cases, there is a high risk of automobile accidents, which can cause severe harm or even death to unwary bystanders. If you have suffered harm in a vehicle accident, you must work with skilled lawyers for the best results.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer In Pineville, LA, For A Free Consultation
Chris J. Roy Jr., the founder of The Chris J. Roy, Jr. APCL, is a central Louisiana delivery auto accident attorney. The Pineville Law Firm knows how difficult it can be to recover from an injury. By keeping you in the loop and taking care of the nitty-gritty, he hopes to lessen the emotional, financial, and physical toll that litigation can take on you while you focus on getting well.
The firm is just the right size to give your case the individualized attention it deserves while still being sufficient to deal with any personal injury case. Chris J. Roy, Jr. will investigate your legal options to ensure you receive the maximum settlement. Over the years, Chris has been a trusted Car Accident Lawyer In Pineville, LA, who has helped manage hundreds of accident claims for people in Pineville and all over Louisiana.
For nearly 30 years, I have represented people who have been injured in car accidents, the people who have been neglected or abused in nursing homes, and the owners of small businesses targeted by significant, well-funded huge businesses like insurance companies.
I will gladly do so to help ensure that you get the best legal representation in your case no matter how simple or complex. Call The Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC today at 1-318-413-6731 or contact us online via this Contact Us form, and we will call you back to schedule a consultation with our Car Accident Lawyer In Pineville, LA.
Getting Results For Our Clients
Car Accident Verdict / Settlement
Nursing Home Injury Verdict / Settlement
Malpractice Verdict / Settlement
Slip & Fall Verdict / Settlement
Mr. Roy’s office provided excellent service. They took care of my needs and made sure I was well and obtained a fair settlement for my injuries
This is my first time using Chris, if I ever need a lawyer again he will be the one I call. I would refer him to anyone in need of a lawyer.
If ever in need of a great attorney who listens and actually cares about you this is the man for you!! He was my attorney and I won the case and he still checks on me to this date! Thanks for everything Chris.
If Chris Roy Jr. tells me something about my case, he tells me the truth. I have referred friends and family and he has always taken care of their cases. He has been my attorney on all matters for over twenty five years.