Car Accident Lawyer in Leesville, LA
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that Americans spend more than one million days in hospitals each year due to injuries sustained in car accidents. These head injuries can result in mild whiplash, severe brain trauma, and even death.
In 2012, more than 2.5 million Americans sought medical attention for collision-related injuries, and 200,000 were admitted to hospitals. These accidents severely impacted numerous American families in many different ways. In 2012, mishap-related medical expenses totaled $18 billion, while injuries caused a $33 billion loss in accident victims’ earning potential.
Contact our skilled C Car Accident Lawyer In Leesville, LA, at the Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC for a free consultation if you or a loved one has been harmed in a collision caused by another driver’s negligence. You may also contact us at 318.413.6731. You will not pay anything unless your claim is satisfactorily resolved; as mentioned, the consultation is free.
Common Injuries In Automobile Crashes
Every car accident has the potential for disastrous outcomes. Nearly every type of injury is possible when vehicles collide at high speeds. Many of these effects are severe and long-lasting. Nevertheless, below are some of the most frequent injuries and conditions encountered in automobile accidents:
- Neck Injury- Whiplash is the most prevalent neck injury sustained in automotive accidents. This occurs when an injury forces a person’s head to move swiftly back and forth, straining the ligaments in the neck. The majority of patients with whiplash recover gradually. However, more significant neck injuries may require extensive rehabilitation.
- Legs And Knees’ Injuries — When a vehicle’s components are wrecked, the lower body is typically subjected to a significant amount of force. The severity of these wounds can range from cuts and abrasions to smashed legs or amputation.
- Broken Bones- Fractures are major injuries requiring immediate medical intervention. Compound fractures are significant fractures of the bone. This condition occurs when a bone protrudes through the skin.
Despite their discomfort, none of these injuries provide the same degree of danger as brain or spinal cord injuries. Our Car Accident Lawyer in Leesville, LA, has learned from experience that the final two of the five most common types of injuries are the most debilitating:
- Spinal Injuries- Similar to the other listed traumas, the degree of spinal injuries differs widely. Vertebral injuries can induce partial or complete paralysis. Depending on which region of the spine is injured, a person with a spinal injury may become immobile in one of two ways (called “neurological level”). In tetraplegia, sometimes known as quadriplegia, the arms, chest, legs, shoulders, and pelvic organs are afflicted. The only impacted bodily regions are the chest, pelvic girdle, and thighs. A back injury can severely and permanently change a person’s quality of life. If you suspect someone has experienced a severe back injury, you should be familiar with the signs and immediately contact emergency services.
- Head Trauma – The degree of head trauma ranges from mild swell to traumatic brain injury and other potentially fatal brain illnesses. Typical symptoms of a moderate head injury include headache, nausea, dizziness, mild amnesia, and brief ringing in the ears.
Symptoms of severe brain injuries include altered consciousness, seizures, vertigo, balance problems, disorientation, difficulty focusing the eyes, unusual eye movements, loss of muscular coordination, chronic headaches, poor memory, changes in mood, and clear fluid leaks from the ear canals or nostrils.
If you believe someone has sustained a severe head injury, respond immediately. Request immediate assistance. You should also contact a qualified auto accident attorney in Winfield, Louisiana. We are available to assist you with your particular instance and all legal actions linked with it.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Leesville, LA, For A Free Consultation
Connect with the Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC if you or a close family member has sustained a personal injury due to another driver’s negligence. Chris J. Roy, Jr. is a third-generation vehicle accident attorney with thirty years of expertise and a degree from LSU. Our auto accident attorneys in Leesville, LA, have the experience, abilities, and means to guide you in contesting your claim and achieving the desired results.
Please email or contact us at 318.413.6731, and Chris J. Roy, Jr. and his colleagues in Leesville will gladly answer your questions and provide a free consultation. Until your matter is settled fairly, you do not have to pay us professional fees.
Why Work With Our Car Accident Lawyer In Leesville, LA?
Most drivers pay little consideration to the many vehicle types on the road, assuming that cars and trucks are standard. However, the law classifies many types of vehicles based on variables such as load, function, and weight. Before legally operating a particular vehicle, an individual must get the proper driver’s license.
A driver’s license or vehicle classification might be significant in an accident. These particulars could affect the viability of a claim for personal injury. Chris J. Roy, Jr., a seasoned vehicle accident lawyer in Leesville, LA, knows how to create a convincing case, ensuring that you receive the most potential compensation.
If you work with him, you will benefit from the expertise of our Car Accident Lawyer in Leesville, LA, who has more than three decades of experience and skill. Call Chris J. Roy, Jr. at 1-318-413-6600 if you or a loved one has been critically injured or killed in a commercial vehicle accident in Leesville or elsewhere in Central Louisiana.
Types of Commercial Vehicle Licenses
Louisiana has five primary licensing classes: three for commercial drivers, one for chauffeurs, and one for people that drive personal automobiles. These are the classifications of licenses:
- Class A drivers are authorized to operate all commercial vehicles and truck convoys weighing 26,001 pounds or more.
- Class B drivers are permitted to operate any vehicles in Classes C, D, and E, as well as any commercial vehicle with a GVW greater than 26,001 pounds.
- Class C drivers are permitted to operate all vehicles in Classes D and E, any vehicle weighing less than 26,001 pounds.
- Class D drivers and chauffeurs can operate one commercial motor vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 10,001 to 26,001 pounds.
- Class E drivers may operate private vehicles weighing less than 10,000 pounds. When towing another vehicle, the GVWR of such a vehicle must not exceed 10,000 pounds. GVWR.
As federal law mandates, a Leesville Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) used for commercial purposes to transport people or goods must have a GVWR of at least 10,001 pounds.
State law identifies as a commercial vehicle any motor vehicle used or operated on busy roads as part of a commercial enterprise that is not a contract, charter, or common carrier. This idea encompasses vehicles used by church schools, churches, and other religious organizations for religious reasons.
What Is A Common Carrier?
Whoever transports people or commodities is often responsible for any losses during travel. A regulatory authority allows for the public’s accessibility. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Leesville, LA, have discovered that clients occasionally find it difficult to determine how automobiles are being operated.
Since UPS, FedEx, and DHL offer several operational processes and business divisions, it may be tough to reach the core of each cargo, for instance. There are different types of automobiles on the highways, and several possible incidents include:
- Box trucks, limos, and delivery vehicles pose distinct risks. Services for deliveries with strict deadlines
- Variable transit load, unknown roads, and inadequately trained drivers
- Drivers who are tired, intoxicated, or otherwise preoccupied may accelerate, forget to utilize their signal lights, fail to come to a stop at traffic junctions, and even run red lights
- While some contractors are independent, others are workers
- Some people may lack proper insurance or a valid license
These factors may create road accidents that result in serious or fatal injuries to innocent people. You need an expert Car Accident Lawyer in Leesville, LA, to state your case. The victims incur acute consequences, while their families face mental, financial, and personal issues over the long term. Our law firm is mindful of this, so we do all necessary to reduce the stress and anxiety of our clients during this time.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Leesville, LA Today For a Free Consultation
Chris J. Roy Jr., the founder of Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC, focuses on car crashes in Central Louisiana. We acknowledge that weathering an event can be difficult. For you to concentrate on your recovery, he seeks to ease the enormous financial, psychological, and physical hardships that the litigation process may create by maintaining regular touch with you and handling the specifics.
Although the organization is large enough to get the resources necessary to handle personal injury claims, it is also small enough to give you the personalized attention you require. Chris J. Roy, Jr. will examine all routes for compensation to ensure you achieve the best possible result. Chris is dedicated to helping accident victims in Leesville and other locations in Louisiana. Chris has dealt with numerous accident cases.
Skilled Car Accident Lawyer In Leesville, LA
As a former state senator with over 30 years of professional expertise, he has fought for the rights of small businesses and victims of nursing home neglect and abuse against influential entities with vested interests, such as health insurers. One must possess the requisite knowledge, skills, and perseverance to address the legal and technical aspects of automotive accidents.
Working with our car accident lawyers in Leesville, LA, provides you with this benefit. We are committed to providing our clients with the finest legal representation, advice, and direction they need during this challenging time. You will always receive comprehensive assistance with your auto accident case from our law office.
Call Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC today at 1-318-413-6731 or write to us online via this Contact Us form, and we will call you back to schedule a consultation with our Car Accident Lawyer In Leesville, LA. When you work with us, you know you have the best legal representation in your case and that you will get the justice you deserve.
Getting Results For Our Clients
Car Accident Verdict / Settlement
Nursing Home Injury Verdict / Settlement
Malpractice Verdict / Settlement
Slip & Fall Verdict / Settlement
Mr. Roy’s office provided excellent service. They took care of my needs and made sure I was well and obtained a fair settlement for my injuries
This is my first time using Chris, if I ever need a lawyer again he will be the one I call. I would refer him to anyone in need of a lawyer.
If ever in need of a great attorney who listens and actually cares about you this is the man for you!! He was my attorney and I won the case and he still checks on me to this date! Thanks for everything Chris.
If Chris Roy Jr. tells me something about my case, he tells me the truth. I have referred friends and family and he has always taken care of their cases. He has been my attorney on all matters for over twenty five years.