Car Accident Lawyer in Winnfield, LA
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than a million days are spent in hospitals by Americans each year as a result of injuries they suffer in car accidents. These head traumas can cause minor whiplash, severe neurological damage, and even death.
More than 2.5 million Americans requested medical care for collision-related injuries in 2012, and 200,000 were admitted to health facilities. Numerous American families suffered a great deal as a result of these accidents. In 2012, accident-related medical expenses came to $18 billion, and injuries caused accident victims’ earning potential to decline by $33 billion.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident brought on by another driver’s negligence, contact our Car Accident Lawyer In Winnfield, LA, at the Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC for a free consultation. You can also give us a call at 318.413.6731. You won’t pay anything upfront until we successfully resolve your claim; the consultation is free.
Common Injuries In Automobile Crashes
Every tragedy has the potential for terrible results. Nearly all forms of injuries are possible when cars clash at high speeds. Many of these impacts are long-lasting and severe. However, the following are some of the most common injuries and conditions sustained in auto accidents:
- Neck Injuries– Whiplash is the most common neck injury in automobile accidents. This happens when the impact of an accident causes a person’s head to move rapidly back and forth, putting strain on the neck’s ligaments. The majority of whiplash victims heal gradually. However, more severe neck injuries may necessitate extensive therapy.
- Injuries to the Legs and Knees – When a car’s components are destroyed, the lower body is usually subjected to extreme impact. These wounds can range in severity from cuts and abrasions to shattered legs or amputation.
- Fractures – Fractures are serious injuries that require prompt medical attention. Compound fractures refer to severe bone fractures. It happens when the bone protrudes through the skin.
Although uncomfortable, none of these injuries pose the same level of danger as brain and spinal cord injuries. Experience has taught our Car Accident Lawyer In Winnfield, LA, that the last two of the five most common forms of injuries are the most impacting:
- Spinal Injuries – Like the other traumas listed, the severity of spinal injuries varies widely. Vertebral injuries can cause total or partial paralysis. An individual with a spinal injury can become immobile in one of two ways, depending on which area of the spine is affected (known as the “neurological level”). The hands, trunk, legs, arms, and pelvic organs are affected by tetraplegia, sometimes known as quadriplegia. The only body parts affected by paraplegia are the trunk, pelvic girdle, and legs. A back injury can permanently and drastically alter one’s quality of life. If you suspect someone has sustained a significant spinal injury, you should be aware of the symptoms and promptly contact emergency personnel.
- Head Trauma – The severity of head injuries ranges from a slight swell to head trauma and some other possibly life brain diseases. Headache, nausea, vertigo, vomiting, mild confusion, and temporary ringing in the ears are typical manifestations of a slight head injury.
Symptoms of severe brain injuries include altered awareness, seizures, vertigo, balance issues, confusion, difficulty focusing the eyes, strange eye motions, lack of muscular coordination, cluster headaches, memory problems, mood swings, and leakage of clear fluid from the ear canals or nose.
Take quick action if you suspect someone has experienced a severe head injury. Call for emergency assistance. You should also call a reputable Winfield, LA, car accident attorney. We are available to help you with your specific case and all associated legal proceedings.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Winnfield, LA, For A Free Consultation
Contact Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC if you or a close relative has suffered a personal injury caused by the negligence of some other driver. Chris J. Roy, Jr. is a third-generation car accident lawyer with 30 years of experience and an LSU graduate. Our Winnfield, LA car accident attorneys have the knowledge, skills, and resources necessary to assist you in fighting your claim and obtaining the desired results.
Send us an email or call us at 318.413.6731, and Chris J. Roy, Jr. and his Winnfield-based colleagues would be pleased to answer your questions and provide a free consultation. You are not required to pay for the conference until your claim is resolved equitably.
Why Work With Our Car Accident Lawyer In Winnfield, LA?
The vast majority of drivers do not give much credence to the different vehicle categories on the road, believing that trucks and cars are what they are. However, the legislation categorizes different sorts of vehicles depending on factors such as load, purpose, and weight. Before lawfully operating a specific category of vehicle, a person must get the appropriate driver’s license.
A driver’s license or vehicle classification could be significant in the event of an accident. These details may affect the viability of a personal injury claim. Chris J. Roy, Jr., an experienced Winnfield, LA, car accident attorney, understands how to make a persuasive argument, so you get the highest possible compensation.
By selecting him, you will have access to our Car Accident Lawyer In Winnfield, LA, with more than three decades of experience and expertise. Call Chris J. Roy, Jr. at 1-318-413-6600 if you or a loved one has been critically injured or killed in a commercial vehicle accident in Winnfield or elsewhere in Central Louisiana.
Types of Commercial Vehicle Licenses
In Louisiana, there are five primary license classes: three for professional drivers, one for chauffeurs, and one for persons who wish to continue driving a personal car (individuals who intend to operate a motor vehicle must get a license acceptance). These are the license classifications:
- Class A drivers may operate all commercial vehicles and groups of trucks weighing 26,001 pounds or more.
- Class B drivers may drive any vehicle in Classes C, D, and E and any commercial truck with a GVW of above 26,001 pounds.
- Class C drivers may operate any vehicle in Classes D and E, as well as any truck that weighs under 26,001 pounds.
- Class D drivers and chauffeurs may operate a single commercial motorized vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) between 10,001 and 26,001 pounds.
- Class E drivers are authorized to operate private automobiles weighing under 10,000 pounds. The GVWR of such a vehicle cannot be over 10,000 pounds when pulling another vehicle. GVWR.
A Winnfield Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) utilized for commercial purposes to transport persons or products must have a GVWR of at least 10,001 pounds, as required by federal law.
State law classifies as a commercial vehicle any motor vehicle utilized or operated on busy roadways in connection with a commercial business other than a contract, charter, or common carrier. This concept includes vehicles used for religious purposes by houses of worship, schools, and other religious groups.
What Is A Common Carrier?
Typically, whoever carries people or goods is liable for any loss that may occur during travel. A regulatory authority permits accessibility for the general public. Our Car Accident Lawyers In Winnfield, LA, have found that clients sometimes find it challenging to identify how vehicles are being operated.
Because UPS, FedEx, and DHL offer numerous overall operations and corporate divisions, it may be difficult, for instance, to get to the heart of each shipment. There are multiple types of automobiles on the roads, and numerous events can occur, including:
- Box trucks, limousines, and delivery vehicles all pose distinct dangers. Services for shipments with stringent due dates
- Variable load in transit, unfamiliar roadways, and insufficiently trained drivers. Drivers who are tired, drunk, and otherwise distracted take risks like speeding, forgetting to use signal lights, not coming to a complete stop at stoplights, and maybe driving on red.
- While some are independent contractors, others are employees.
- Some individuals may lack adequate insurance or license.
These conditions could lead to traffic accidents that cause severe or fatal injuries to innocent individuals. You need an experienced car accident attorney in Winnfield, LA, to argue your case. The victims face immediate repercussions, whereas their families face long-term mental, monetary, and personal challenges. Our law office is aware of this, and we do all possible to alleviate our clients’ pressure and anxiety at this time.
For a Free Consultation, Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Winnfield, LA Today
Chris J. Roy Jr., the founder of the law practice Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC, specializes in auto accidents in Central Louisiana. We recognize that surviving an incident can be challenging. For you to focus on your recovery, he attempts to alleviate the significant monetary, psychological, and physical difficulties that the lawsuit process may cause by maintaining regular contact with you and addressing the intricate details.
Although the company is large enough to have the necessary resources to handle personal injury cases, it is still small enough to provide you with the specialized attention you require. Chris J. Roy, Jr. will evaluate all avenues for reimbursement to ensure that you receive the most favorable outcome. Chris is committed to assisting accident victims in Winnfield and other Louisiana cities. Chris has handled countless accident claims.
Skilled Car Accident Lawyer In Winnfield, LA
As a former state legislator with more than three decades of legal experience, he has defended the rights of small businesses and sufferers of care home neglect and abuse against powerful special interests, such as health insurers. Knowledge, ability, and tenacity are required to address automobile accidents’ legal elements and technicalities.
Working with our car accident lawyers in Winnfield, LA affords you this benefit. We are dedicated to providing our clients with expert legal representation and the assistance and guidance they require during this difficult time. With our law firm, you will always get complete help with your car accident matter from start to end.
Call Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC today at 1-318-413-6731 or write to us online via this Contact Us form, and we will call you back to schedule a consultation with our Car Accident Lawyer In Winnfield, LA. When you work with us, you know you have the best legal representation in your case and that you will get the justice you deserve.
Getting Results For Our Clients
Car Accident Verdict / Settlement
Nursing Home Injury Verdict / Settlement
Malpractice Verdict / Settlement
Slip & Fall Verdict / Settlement
Mr. Roy’s office provided excellent service. They took care of my needs and made sure I was well and obtained a fair settlement for my injuries
This is my first time using Chris, if I ever need a lawyer again he will be the one I call. I would refer him to anyone in need of a lawyer.
If ever in need of a great attorney who listens and actually cares about you this is the man for you!! He was my attorney and I won the case and he still checks on me to this date! Thanks for everything Chris.
If Chris Roy Jr. tells me something about my case, he tells me the truth. I have referred friends and family and he has always taken care of their cases. He has been my attorney on all matters for over twenty five years.