Car Accident Lawyer in Rapides Parish, LA
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say that Americans spend over one million days in hospitals each year owing to injuries experienced in automobile accidents. These head traumas may cause minor whiplash, severe brain damage, and even death.
More than 2.5 million Americans sought help for collision-related injuries in 2012, and 200,000 were hospitalized. In a variety of ways, a large number of American families were adversely affected by these accidents. In 2012, accident-related medical expenses reached $18 billion, while impairments cost accident victims $33 billion in lost earnings potential.
Contact our expert car accident lawyer in Rapides Parish, LA, at the Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC for a free consultation if you or a family member has been injured in a collision caused by another driver’s negligence. Additionally, you may reach us at 318.413.6731. You will not be charged unless your claim is settled satisfactorily; as previously stated, the consultation is free.
Common Injuries In Automobile Crashes
Every automobile collision has the propensity for catastrophic effects. Nearly any harm can happen when automobiles strike at high speeds. Numerous of these consequences are severe and persistent. However, the following are some of the most common injuries and conditions sustained in auto accidents:
- Neck Injury– Whiplash is the most common neck injury in motor vehicle accidents. This arises when an accident causes a person’s head to move rapidly back and forth, putting tension on the neck’s ligaments. The vast majority of whiplash victims heal gradually. Nonetheless, more severe neck injuries may necessitate lengthy therapy.
- Injuries To The Legs And Knees – When a car’s components get destroyed, the driver/passenger’s lower body often suffers excessive injury and stress. These wounds can range in severity from minor injuries to severe impacts like broken legs or amputation.
- Bone Fractures– Fractures are severe injuries that require prompt medical attention. Compound fractures are substantial bone fractures. The occurrence of this ailment is when a bone sticks through the skin.
Despite their agony, none of these injuries provide the same threat level as brain or spinal cord injuries. Our Rapides Parish, Louisiana Car Accident Lawyer, has learned through experience that the last two of the five most common forms of injuries are the most incapacitating:
- Spinal Cord Injuries- Similar to other listed injuries, the severity of spinal cord injuries varies considerably. Vertebral fractures can result in partial or total paralysis. An individual with a spinal injury could become immobilized in one of two ways, depending on which section of the spine is affected (called “neurological level”). Tetraplegia referred to as quadriplegia, affects the arms, chest, thighs, hips, and pelvic organs. The chest, pelvic bones, and legs are the only affected areas of the body. A severe and lasting alteration in a person’s ability to function can result from a back injury. If you suspect someone has sustained a significant permanent disability, you should be aware of the symptoms and contact emergency services immediately.
- Head Trauma – Head trauma can range from moderate swelling to traumatic brain damage and other possibly deadly brain diseases. Headache, nausea, dizziness, slight forgetfulness, and short ringing in the ears are typical symptoms of a minor head injury.
Severe brain injuries are characterized by altered consciousness, seizures, vertigo, balance issues, loss of balance, difficulty focusing the gaze, unexpected eye movements, loss of motor coordination, chronic headaches, poor memory, mood changes, and clear fluid leaks from the ears or nostrils.
Call us promptly if you suspect someone has experienced a severe head injury. Request immediate assistance. You should also call a qualified car accident attorney in Winfield, LA. We are here to help you with your specific case and all related legal proceedings.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Rapides Parish, LA, For A Free Consultation
Make contact with Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC if you or a friend or relative have suffered personal harm owing to another driver’s negligence. Chris J. Roy, Jr. is a third-generation vehicle accident lawyer with thirty years of experience, and he holds an LSU degree. Our auto accident lawyers in Rapides Parish, LA, have the knowledge, skills, and resources to assist you in disputing your claim and reaching the desired outcome.
Chris J. Roy, Jr. and his associates in Rapides Parish will happily help with your concerns and provide a free consultation if you send us an email or call us at 318.413.6731. You are not obligated to pay us professional fees unless your case is resolved fairly.
Why Work With Our Car Accident Lawyer In Rapides Parish, LA?
Most drivers pay little attention to the variety of vehicles on the road, believing that cars are standard. Nevertheless, the law categorizes numerous vehicles based on weight, use, and mass characteristics. Before operating a car legally, a person must have the appropriate driver’s license.
A driver’s license or vehicle classification may be significant in an accident. These details may affect the feasibility of a personal injury claim. Chris J. Roy, Jr., an experienced auto accident attorney in Rapides Parish, Louisiana, knows how to build a compelling case, assuring you receive the maximum compensation.
If you engage with him, you will benefit from our Car Accident Lawyer In Rapides Parish, LA, who has more than three decades of knowledge and experience. Call Chris J. Roy, Jr. at 1-318-413-6600 if you or a loved one has been severely injured or died in an accident involving a commercial vehicle in Rapides Parish or elsewhere in Central Louisiana.
Types of Licenses for Commercial Vehicles
There are five primary license classes in Louisiana: one for chauffeurs, three for professional drivers, and one for drivers of personal vehicles. These are the classifications of licenses:
- Class A drivers are permitted to operate all large trucks and truck supply trucks weighing at least 26,001 pounds.
- Class B drivers may operate any vehicle in Classes C, D, and E, as well as any commercial vehicle with a GVW over 26,001 pounds.
- Class C drivers may operate any vehicles in Classes D and E, as well as any truck weighing below 26,001 pounds.
- Class D drivers and chauffeurs are permitted to operate one commercial vehicle with the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) between 10,001 and 26,001 pounds.
- Class E drivers are permitted to operate private automobiles weighing under 10,000 pounds. The GVWR of a vehicle towing another cannot exceed 10,000 pounds. GVWR.
As required by federal law, a Rapides Parish Business Motor Vehicle (CMV) that transports people or goods for commercial reasons should have a GVWR of a minimum of 10,001 pounds.
State law classifies as a commercial vehicle any automobile utilized or operated on busy highways as part of a business venture that is not contractual, charter, or common carrier. This concept includes vehicles used for religious purposes by church schools, churches, and other religious groups.
What Is A Common Carrier?
Anyone carrying people or goods is frequently liable for any losses during travel. A regulatory authority makes information accessible to the public. Our Car Accident Lawyers In Rapides Parish, LA, have observed that clients sometimes find it tough to ascertain how vehicles are being driven.
Because UPS, FedEx, and DHL offer numerous operational procedures and company divisions, it may be hard to access the core of every cargo, for example. There are various types of autos on the roads, and the following incidents may occur:
- Box trucks, limousines, and delivery vehicles all pose unique dangers
- Services for shipments with stringent due dates
- Variable transport load, uncharted roads, and insufficiently trained drivers
- Drivers that are weary, intoxicated, or otherwise distracted may speed up, forget to use their turn signals, fail to stop at intersections, or even run red lights.
- Some workers are independent while others are employees
- Some individuals might lack adequate insurance or a legitimate license
These factors may cause traffic accidents that result in a severe or fatal injury to innocent drivers and passengers. You need an experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Rapides Parish, LA, to present your case. The victims experience severe repercussions, while their family encounters mental, economic, and social difficulties over time. Our law office is aware of this. Thus we do all possible to alleviate our clients’ tension and anxiety during this time.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Rapides Parish, LA Today For a Free Consultation
Chris J. Roy Jr., the company’s founder, founded Chris J. Roy Jr. APLC, and he focuses on automobile accidents in Central Louisiana. We recognize that weathering the storm can be challenging. For you to focus on your recovery, he attempts to alleviate the immense financial, emotional, and physiological ailments that the proceedings may cause by constantly contacting you and managing the details.
The organization is both large enough to have the resources and ability to tackle personal injury claims and small enough to provide you with the individualized attention you require. Chris J. Roy, Jr. will investigate all avenues of compensation to ensure you obtain the best possible outcome. Chris is committed to assisting accident victims in Rapides Parish and throughout Louisiana. Chris has worked with various cases involving accidents. His vast experience handling similar cases becomes advantageous for future clients.
Skilled Car Accident Lawyer In Rapides Parish, LA
As a former state senator with more than 30 years of professional experience, he campaigned for the rights of small enterprises and nursing home neglect and abuse victims against powerful entities with entrenched interests, such as insurance companies. To handle the complex legal issues of automobile accidents, one must possess the necessary knowledge, abilities, and persistence.
Working with our Car Accident Attorneys In Rapides Parish, LA, gives you this advantage. We are committed to supporting our clients with the superior legal assistance, counsel, and guidance they require during this difficult time. Our law firm will always provide comprehensive support for your auto accident case. When you engage with us, you can rest assured that you have the best legal assistance and will receive the justice you deserve.
Call Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC today at 1-318-413-6731 or write to us online via this Contact Us form, and we will call you back to schedule a consultation with our Car Accident Lawyer In Rapides Parish, LA. We assure you of the best services and legal representation.
Getting Results For Our Clients
Car Accident Verdict / Settlement
Nursing Home Injury Verdict / Settlement
Malpractice Verdict / Settlement
Slip & Fall Verdict / Settlement
Mr. Roy’s office provided excellent service. They took care of my needs and made sure I was well and obtained a fair settlement for my injuries
This is my first time using Chris, if I ever need a lawyer again he will be the one I call. I would refer him to anyone in need of a lawyer.
If ever in need of a great attorney who listens and actually cares about you this is the man for you!! He was my attorney and I won the case and he still checks on me to this date! Thanks for everything Chris.
If Chris Roy Jr. tells me something about my case, he tells me the truth. I have referred friends and family and he has always taken care of their cases. He has been my attorney on all matters for over twenty five years.