Car Accident Lawyer in Oakdale, LA
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Americans cumulatively spend more than one million days in hospitals annually due to auto accident injuries. These injuries might vary from very mild whiplash episodes to severe brain injuries or even death.
Upwards of 2.5 million Americans visited the emergency room for crash-related injuries in 2012, and 200,000 were hospitalized. All of these injuries cost American families immense suffering and misery. In 2012, the entire medical expenditures incurred as a result of accidents amounted to $18 billion, while the lifetime earnings lost by accident victims were $33 billion.
If you or a close one has been affected in an accident caused by another driver’s carelessness, please call our Car Accident Lawyer In Oakdale, LA, at the Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC for a free consultation. You can also contact us at 318.413.6731 via telephone. The consultation is free, and you incur no out-of-pocket costs until we successfully resolve your claim.
Common Injuries In Automobile Crashes
Every incident has the capacity for devastating consequences. When automobiles collide at high velocities, almost every sort of injury is a possibility. However, below are some of the most prevalent forms of injuries sustained in vehicle accidents:
- Whiplash – The most prevalent kind of injury in vehicle accidents is whiplash. This happens when the power of a mishap causes an individual’s head to move forward and backward rapidly, putting strain on the neck’s ligaments—most people who suffer whiplash recover over time. However, more severe neck injuries may need rigorous care.
- Leg and Knee Injuries — This injury often happens when pieces of a vehicle are damaged and apply significant force to the lower body. The severity of these injuries ranges from simple cuts and scratches to shattered legs or amputation.
- Broken Bones – A stress fracture is usually a severe injury requiring urgent medical care. Compound fractures are incredibly severe bone fractures. It is when the bone penetrates and protrudes through the skin.
These traumas are unpleasant, but none of them has the same risk for severity as spinal and brain injuries. Our Car Accident Lawyers In Oakdale, LA, know from experience that the final two of the five most frequent kinds of injuries:
- Spinal Injuries- Similar to the other traumas described, the severity of spinal injuries varies greatly. Serious vertebral injuries can cause total or partial paralysis. A person with a spinal injury can get paralyzed in one of two ways, depending on the injured spine section (known as the “neurological level”). In tetraplegia (sometimes called quadriplegia), an individual’s hands, trunk, legs, arms and pelvic organs are all afflicted. Only the legs, pelvic organs, and trunk are affected by paraplegia. A spinal injury may drastically and permanently alter a person’s quality of life. If you believe someone has had a severe spinal injury, you should be aware of the symptoms and call emergency services immediately.
- Head Traumas– Head injuries may vary in severity from a little bump to a concussion and several other potentially debilitating brain ailments. Headache, dizziness, nausea, mild confusion, and temporary ringing in the ears are typical symptoms of a minor head injury.
Consciousness impairment, seizures, vertigo, balance issues, confusion, difficulty in focusing the eyes, irregular eye movements, lack of muscular control, chronic headache, memory loss, changes in mood, and leakage of clear fluid from the ears or nose are common symptoms of a severe head injury.
Act without delay if you believe someone has had a severe head injury. Contact emergency services. You must also call a competent Car Accident Lawyer In Oakdale, LA. We are here to help you with your case and help you with all the legal processes that are part of these matters.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Oakdale, LA, For A Free Consultation
Contact Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC if you or a family member has suffered a personal injury due to another driver’s carelessness. Chris J. Roy, Jr., a native of Louisiana and LSU graduate, is a third-generation auto accident attorney with 30 years of experience with APLC. Our Car Accident Lawyers In Oakdale, LA, have the information, knowledge, and resources necessary to assist you in pursuing your claim and obtaining the desired results.
Chris and his colleagues, who practice out of offices in Oakdale, are ready to answer your concerns and give a free consultation; send us a message or phone at 318.413.6731. The meeting is free, and you incur no out-of-pocket expenditures or fees until your claim has been properly resolved.
Why Work With Our Car Accident Lawyer In Oakdale, LA?
The majority of drivers do not pay much thought to the various types of cars on the road. Indeed, cars are cars, and trucks are trucks. However, the law classifies vehicles based on multiple variables, including weight, function, and load. Before a person legally operates a car under a specific category, they must also get the appropriate form of driver’s license.
The categorization of a vehicle and a driver’s license might be crucial in the event of an accident. The viability of a personal injury claim may rest on these specifics. Chris J. Roy, Jr., a skilled Car Accident Lawyer In Oakdale, LA, understands how to build a compelling case to get maximum compensation.
By selecting him, you will benefit from over three decades of expertise and competence of our Car Accident Lawyer In Oakdale. LA. If you have suffered a significant injury or lost a loved one in a commercial vehicle accident in Oakdale or anywhere else in Central Louisiana, contact our Oakdale car accident attorney Chris J. Roy, Jr., by calling 1-318-413-6600.
Types of Commercial Vehicle Licenses
There are five primary types of licenses in Louisiana: three for commercial drivers, one for chauffeurs, and one for people who want to operate a personal car (those who wish to use motor vehicles have to get an endorsement to their license) as follows:
- Class A drivers are permitted to operate all commercial vehicles/combinations of commercial trucks with a gross weight of 26,001 pounds/ or higher.
- Class B drivers are permitted to operate any vehicle within Classes C, D, and E and any commercial car with a GVW of more than 26,001 pounds.
- Class C drivers are permitted to operate any vehicle in Classes D and E and any truck weighing less than 26,001 pounds.
- Class D drivers are considered chauffeurs and can operate any vehicle within Class E and any commercial motor vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) from 10,001 to 26,001 pounds.
- Class E drivers are regarded as personal vehicle holders who may drive any one motor vehicle below 10,001 lbs. GVWR of any such vehicle hauling another car cannot exceed 10,000 pounds. GVWR.
According to federal law, an Oakdale Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) must have a GVWR of 10,001 pounds or more employed in trade to move goods or people. Under Louisiana law, a commercial vehicle is any vehicle used or operated on a public highway in connection with a business function other than that of a contract, charter, or common carrier, as well as cars owned and used for religious purposes by church schools, churches, or various religious organizations.
What Is A Common Carrier?
Typically, a person or business that carries products or persons is liable for any potential loss of commodities during transit. A regulatory body authorizes the provision of these services to the general public. Our Car Accident Lawyers In Oakdale, LA, have seen that clients sometimes find it difficult to discern how vehicles are being utilized.
For instance, UPS, FedEx, and DHL provide so many operations and corporate units that it might be challenging to get to the core of every cargo. There are a variety of vehicles using the road and various situations that arise, including:
- Courier vans, limos, and box trucks, each of which poses its unique dangers. Delivery services with strict time limitations
- Changeable cargo en route, unfamiliar roadways with insufficiently trained motorists. Drivers who are tired, intoxicated, or distracted use shortcuts such as speeding, neglecting to employ directional signals and failing to stop entirely at stop signs or even before driving right on red.
- Some are contract employees, while others are employees
- Some may lack sufficient licensing or insurance
Any of these situations may lead to road collisions that leave innocent individuals with devastating injuries — or worse, and you need a skilled Car Accident Lawyer In Oakdale, LA, to fight your case. The victims suffer direct consequences while their families suffer emotionally, financially, and personally for many years.
For a Free Consultation, Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Oakdale, LA Today
Chris J. Roy Jr., the founder of the legal firm Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC, is a lawyer specializing in vehicle accidents in Central Louisiana. We recognize that living after an accident may be challenging. He strives to alleviate the financial, emotional, and physical burdens that the lawsuit process may impose by maintaining constant communication with you and managing the intricate details so that you can concentrate on your rehabilitation.
While the company is big enough to have the resources required to handle personal injuries, they are still small enough to give your case the individualized attention it deserves. Chris J. Roy, Jr. will evaluate all possible compensation routes to ensure you recover in the best possible way. Chris has handled hundreds of accident cases and is committed to assisting crash victims in Oakdale and around Louisiana.
Skilled Car Accident Lawyer In Oakdale, LA
As a former state legislator and skilled vehicle accident attorney who has been in practice for more than 30 years, he has defended the rights of victims of carelessness, nursing facility abuse and neglect, and small companies against strong special interests, including insurance companies.
Handling the legalities of car accidents and the various technicalities needs knowledge, skill and aggression. You get that when you work with our car accident lawyers who are dedicated to offering our clients the best legal representation and the support and guidance they need during this difficult time.
Call Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC today at 1-318-413-6731 or contact us online via this Contact Us form, and we will call you back to schedule a consultation with our Car Accident Lawyer In Oakdale. With us, you will always get complete assistance with your car accident matter from start to end.
Getting Results For Our Clients
Car Accident Verdict / Settlement
Nursing Home Injury Verdict / Settlement
Malpractice Verdict / Settlement
Slip & Fall Verdict / Settlement
Mr. Roy’s office provided excellent service. They took care of my needs and made sure I was well and obtained a fair settlement for my injuries
This is my first time using Chris, if I ever need a lawyer again he will be the one I call. I would refer him to anyone in need of a lawyer.
If ever in need of a great attorney who listens and actually cares about you this is the man for you!! He was my attorney and I won the case and he still checks on me to this date! Thanks for everything Chris.
If Chris Roy Jr. tells me something about my case, he tells me the truth. I have referred friends and family and he has always taken care of their cases. He has been my attorney on all matters for over twenty five years.