Car Accident Lawyer in Natchitoches, LA
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that each year, Americans spend more than one million days in hospitals due to injuries sustained in car accidents. These head injuries can result in mild whiplash, serious brain trauma, and even death.
In 2012, more than 2.5 million Americans sought medical attention for collision-related injuries, and 200,000 were admitted to hospitals. Numerous American families were severely impacted by these accidents. In 2012, mishap-related medical expenses totaled $18 billion, while injuries caused a $33 billion loss in accident victims’ earning potential.
Contact the renowned Car Accident Lawyer In Natchitoches, LA, at the Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC for a free consultation if you or a loved one has been harmed in a collision caused by another driver’s negligence. You may also contact us at 318.413.6731. You will not pay anything unless your claim is satisfactorily resolved; as mentioned, the consultation is free.
Common Injuries In Automobile Crashes
Every mishap has the potential to have disastrous effects. Almost all types of injuries are possible when cars collide at high speeds. However, among the most typical injuries and conditions received in auto accidents are listed below:
- Whiplash – It is the most frequent type of neck injury in car accidents. This occurs when the force of an accident causes an individual’s head to move quickly forward and backward, straining the ligaments in the neck. Most victims of whiplash experience gradual recovery. However, more serious neck injuries might require thorough treatment.
- Leg and Knee Injuries — When a vehicle’s components are damaged, the lower body is frequently subjected to brutal force. These wounds can be as minor as cuts and scrapes to as serious as broken legs or amputation.
- Broken Bones – A broken bone is a serious injury requiring immediate medical attention. Severe bone fractures are known as compound fractures. It occurs when the bone pokes through the skin and protrudes.
While unpleasant, none of these injuries carry the same risk of seriousness as spinal cord and brain damage. Experience has taught our car accident attorneys in Natchitoches, Louisiana that the last two of the five most typical types of injuries are:
- Spinal Injuries- Similar to the other traumas mentioned, there is a wide range in the intensity of spinal injuries. Serious spinal column injuries can paralyze a person entirely or partially. Depending on which part of the spine is injured, a person with a spinal injury can become paralyzed in one of two ways (known as the “neurological level”). Tetraplegia, also known as quadriplegia, affects a person’s hands, trunk, legs, arms, and pelvic organs. Paraplegia only affects the trunk, pelvic organs, and legs. A spinal injury can significantly and permanently change the quality of life. Be aware of the signs and call the emergency services immediately if you think someone has suffered a severe spinal injury.
- Head Trauma- Head injuries range in severity from a slight bump to head trauma and other potentially life-altering brain conditions. Common signs of a minor head injury include headache, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, mild confusion, and momentary ringing in the ears.
Severe head injuries frequently present with symptoms such as altered consciousness, seizures, vertigo, balance problems, confusion, trouble focusing the eyes, unusual eye movements, lack of muscle control, chronic headaches, memory loss, mood swings, and leak of clear fluid from the earholes or nose.
Take immediate action if you think someone has suffered a severe head injury. Make an emergency service call. You should also contact a reliable Car Accident Lawyer In Natchitoches, LA. We are available to assist you with your particular instance and with all of the related legal procedures.
Get in touch with our Car Accident Lawyer In Natchitoches, LA, immediately for a free consultation.
If you or a member of your family has experienced personal injury as a result of the negligence of another driver, get in touch with Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC. Chris J. Roy, Jr., a third-generation auto accident lawyer with 30 years of experience with APLC, is from Louisiana and an LSU graduate. Our Car Accident Lawyers In Natchitoches, LA have the information, know-how, and resources required to help you pursue your claim and achieve the desired outcomes.
Send us a message or call us at 318.413.6731, and Chris J. Roy, Jr. and his colleagues, who work out of offices in Natchitoches, will be happy to address your questions and provide a free consultation. You don’t have to pay anything for the meeting until your claim gets settled fairly.
Why Work With Our Car Accident Lawyer In Natchitoches, LA?
Most motorists give much less thought to the various car types on the road and feel that tucks and cars are what they are. However, the law divides different types of vehicles into different categories based on things like load, function, and weight. A person must obtain the proper driver’s license before legally operating a vehicle under a particular category.
In the case of an accident, a driver’s license and vehicle classification could be crucial. These details may determine whether a personal injury argument is viable. Chris J. Roy, Jr., a knowledgeable Car Accident Lawyer In Natchitoches, LA, knows how to present a convincing argument to obtain the highest compensation.
By choosing him, you will gain access to our Car Accident Lawyer In Natchitoches, LA, who has more than three decades of experience and competence. Call Chris J. Roy, Jr., at 1-318-413-6600 if you have been seriously hurt or lost loved ones in a commercial car collision in Natchitoches or anywhere else in Central Louisiana.
Types of Commercial Vehicle Licenses
In Louisiana, there are five main license categories: three for professional drivers, one for chauffeurs, and another for individuals who want to continue driving a personal vehicle (individuals who wish to drive a motor vehicle must obtain an acceptance to their license) as follows:
- All commercial vehicles/combinations of commercial trucks with a maximum weight of 26,001 pounds or more may be driven by Class A drivers.
- Any vehicle in Classes C, D, and E as well as any commercial vehicle with a GVW of over 26,001 pounds may be driven by Class B drivers.
- Any vehicle in Classes D and E, and any vehicle that weighs less than 26,001 pounds, may be driven by Class C drivers.
- A single commercial motor vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of between 10,001 and 26,001 pounds may be operated by Class D drivers or chauffeurs.
- Drivers in the Class E category are licensed to operate personal vehicles weighing less than 10,000 pounds. Any such vehicle’s GVWR cannot exceed 10,000 pounds when towing another car. GVWR.
Federal law stipulates that a Natchitoches Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) used for commercial purposes to transport people or goods must have a GVWR of 10,001 pounds or more. Any motor vehicle used or operated on public highways in connection with a commercial operation other than a contract, charter, or common carrier is considered a commercial vehicle under state law. This definition also includes vehicles operated and used for religious purposes by churches, schools, or other religious organizations.
What Is A Common Carrier?
Usually, whoever transports goods or people is responsible for any possible loss of those goods while they are in transit. A regulatory body authorizes the public’s access to these services. Our Car Accident Attorneys In Natchitoches, LA, have observed that clients occasionally find it challenging to ascertain how cars and trucks are being used.
For instance, getting to the heart of each cargo might be challenging because UPS, FedEx, and DHL offer many operational processes and corporate divisions. There are many different kinds of vehicles on the road, and many different things can happen, like:
- Box trucks, limos, and courier vans all present different risks. Services for deliveries with strict deadlines
- Variable cargo in transit, unfamiliar roads, and drivers without the necessary training. Drivers who are drowsy, intoxicated, or otherwise distracted take shortcuts like speeding, failing to use turn signals, and not stopping completely at stoplights and maybe before driving on red.
- While some are contract workers, others are actual employees.
- Some people might not have enough insurance or licensing.
Any of these circumstances could result in traffic accidents that harm innocent people severely, if not fatally. You need a knowledgeable Car Accident Lawyer In Natchitoches, LA, to fight your case. The victims experience immediate consequences, but their families endure long-term emotional, financial, and personal hardships. Our law firm recognizes this aspect and we do everything within our power to lessen the strain, and stress our clients endure during this time.
For a Free Consultation, Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Natchitoches, LA Today
In Central Louisiana, Chris J. Roy Jr., the founder of the law firm Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC, is an attorney who focuses on car accidents. We understand that surviving after an accident can be difficult. He tries to lessen the potential financial, psychological, and physical pressures that the litigation process may bring about by staying in close contact with you and handling the complex details so that you might concentrate on your recovery.
Although the business is sizable enough to have the resources needed to handle personal injury cases, it is also intimate enough for you to receive the individualized attention you need. Chris J. Roy, Jr. will assess every avenue for compensation to ensure you get the best possible recovery. Chris is dedicated to helping accident victims in Natchitoches and other cities throughout Louisiana. Chris has managed hundreds of accident cases.
Skilled Car Accident Lawyer In Natchitoches, LA
In his more than 30 years of legal experience and as a former state legislator, he has fought for the rights of small businesses, and victims of nursing home abuse and neglect against powerful special interests, such as insurance companies.
Knowledge, skill, and aggression are required to handle the legal aspects of auto accidents and the various technicalities. Working with our car accident lawyers in Natchitoches, LA gives you that. We are committed to providing the best legal representation and the support and direction our clients require during this trying time.
Call Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC today at 1-318-413-6731 or contact us online via this Contact Us form, and we will call you back to schedule a consultation with our Car Accident Lawyer In Natchitoches, LA. With us, you will always get complete assistance with your car accident matter from start to end.
Getting Results For Our Clients
Car Accident Verdict / Settlement
Nursing Home Injury Verdict / Settlement
Malpractice Verdict / Settlement
Slip & Fall Verdict / Settlement
Mr. Roy’s office provided excellent service. They took care of my needs and made sure I was well and obtained a fair settlement for my injuries
This is my first time using Chris, if I ever need a lawyer again he will be the one I call. I would refer him to anyone in need of a lawyer.
If ever in need of a great attorney who listens and actually cares about you this is the man for you!! He was my attorney and I won the case and he still checks on me to this date! Thanks for everything Chris.
If Chris Roy Jr. tells me something about my case, he tells me the truth. I have referred friends and family and he has always taken care of their cases. He has been my attorney on all matters for over twenty five years.