Car Accident Lawyer
in Marksville, LA
Every year, car accident injuries send over a million American adults to the hospital, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Although whiplash is a common injury after a car accident, the severity of the damage and even fatality can vary widely.
More than two and a half million Americans in 2012 sought medical attention for injuries sustained in traffic accidents, with over two hundred thousand requiring hospitalization. U.S. families of victims are experiencing unimaginable suffering due to these wounds. There were $18 billion in lifetime medical costs related to accidents in 2012 and $33 billion in lost productivity.
Make contact with The Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC if you or a loved one has been injured in a car crash that was the fault of another driver. Get in touch with an experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Marksville, LA, immediately. If you’d instead give us a call, you can reach us at (318) 413-6731. The initial consultation is free, and you won’t owe us any money unless we conclude your case.
Common Injuries in Car Accidents
Injuries can be mild, moderate, or severe. Injuries from high-velocity car accidents range from mild to catastrophic. Regardless, the following are some of the most common injuries sustained in automobile accidents:
- Stiffness and pain in the upper back and neck are the most common symptoms of whiplash, among the most common injuries in car accidents. The force exerted on the ligaments in the victim’s neck can occur if their head is thrown rapidly forward and backward in an accident. Minor instances of whiplash usually get better without medical attention, but severe neck injuries more often than not require extensive medical care.
- Injuries can occur in the knees and legs when the lower body experiences an abnormal amount of force, such as in a collision. Cuts and bruises on the skin, crushed limbs, and even amputations are all possible outcomes of these incidents.
- It is common knowledge that a broken bone is a severe injury that necessitates immediate medical attention. Compound fractures are by far the most extreme form of bone fracture. An actual cut is made in the flesh by the bone.
While all these wounds are severe, the spine and brain injuries at the end of the list carry the most significant risk of permanent disability.
Like the other types of injuries listed above, spinal injuries can range from mild to severe. Paralysis of varying degrees can result from a significant injury to the spine.
An individual with a spinal injury could be paralyzed in two ways, depending on the “neurological level” of the spine that was damaged in the accident. Arms, pelvic organs, hands, legs, and trunk are all impaired in tetraplegia (also known as quadriplegia). Paralysis is limited to the trunk, legs, and pelvic organs in patients with paraplegia.
A person’s standard of living could be drastically and irrevocably altered after suffering a spinal cord injury. If you suspect that someone has suffered a severe spinal injury, you should know the symptoms to look out for and call emergency services right away.
Concussions and other milder but disabling brain injuries can result from even the mildest head trauma. The following symptoms are common after sustaining a minor head injury: headache, dizziness, spinning sensation, slight confusion, vomiting, and brief ringing in the ears.
Common symptoms of a severe head injury include loss of consciousness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, confusion, abnormal eye movement, headaches, difficulty concentrating, muscle weakness, memory loss, emotional changes, and discharge of clear fluid from the ears or nose.
If you suspect somebody has experienced a severe head injury, you should immediately get them to a hospital. It would be best if you got in touch with the authorities as soon as possible. Get medical assistance and also call legal experts like us at Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC without delay.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Marksville, LA, For A Free Consultation
In an occurrence of a vehicle accident, consider contacting an expert Car Accident Lawyer In Marksville, LA. Consult with the professionals at The Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC if you or your family members sustained severe injuries in a car crash due to the other driver’s negligence. LSU alum and native Louisianan Chris J. Roy, Jr. is the third generation of his family to practice law in auto accidents. Our Car Accident Lawyer In Marksville, LA, has access to a wealth of resources and information that can help you submit a suit and get the money you deserve.
Make an appointment for a no-cost consultation with Chris and the rest of his team in Marksville by filling out the form on this page or calling (318) 413-6731. Everything from the initial consultation fee to any additional fees or costs incurred during your case will be waived unless and until we win.
Why Work With Our Car Accident Lawyer In Marksville, LA?
Most of us use our roads without giving much thought to the many kinds of vehicles that may be on them at any time. No, driving a car or a truck doesn’t make a difference. However, the law divides vehicles into categories based on their weight, purpose, and cargo. In addition, different types call for different kinds of driver’s licenses. Both the vehicle’s and the driver’s license’s classification could be relevant in the case of an accident. These specifics are crucially important in determining the success of a personal injury claim.
Chris J. Roy, Jr. is a skilled Car Accident Lawyer In Marksville, LA, who is well-versed in negotiating the largest possible settlement. By hiring Chris Roy, Jr., you’ll have access to a legal team with nearly thirty decades of work expertise between them. If you or a loved one has been killed or seriously injured in a commercial car collision in Alexandria, Marksville, Rapides Parish, Grant Parish, or anywhere else in Central Louisiana, call our Car Accident Lawyer In Marksville, LA, Chris J. Roy, Jr., at 1-318-413-6731.
Types of Commercial Vehicle Licenses
Those who wish to operate motorcycles in Louisiana must add a motorcycle endorsement to their existing driver’s license. The state issues five driver’s licenses: three for commercial drivers, one for chauffeurs, and another for private vehicle operators.
- Commercial vehicles with a gross weight of 26,001 pounds or more are legal for Class A drivers to operate.
- If you have a Class B heavy-loaded straight vehicle permit, you can drive any motor in Classes C, D, and E and any combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 26,001 pounds or more.
- Class C drivers are permitted to operate any vehicle in Classes D or E and any combination of vehicles that weighs less than 26,001 pounds.
- Class D licensees are chauffeurs who can drive any vehicle in Class E and any single commercial motorized vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 10,001 to 26,999 pounds. Equally as heavy, 26,000 pounds.
- Class E licensees are authorized to drive any single motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of fewer than 10,001 pounds for non-commercial purposes. Towing is legal for cars, trucks, and SUVs with GVWRs under 10,000 pounds. GVWR.
Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 10,001 pounds or more used for the commercial transportation of goods or passengers in Marksville are considered commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) under federal law. A commercial vehicle is defined by Louisiana law as any automobile used or operated on a public road for hire or compensation by any entity other than a charter carrier, common carrier, contract carrier, church, religious school, or religious order. As you can see, there are different classes of vehicles and licenses.
What Is A Common Carrier?
Whenever something goes missing during transportation, the burden of blame typically rests with the transporting party. The relevant regulatory body has granted authorization to offer such services to the public. The reason for a car’s existence isn’t always crystal clear.
Large logistics providers like UPS, FedEx, and DHL have so many moving parts that it can be difficult to track an item back to its origin. Numerous vehicles, from courier vans to limos to box trucks, share the roads, each with its own set of hazards such as:
- Products or services with time-sensitive delivery windows
- Transporting goods with a constant turnover
- Drivers without sufficient training navigating unfamiliar roads
- Sleepy, drunk, or distracted drivers take unnecessary risks, such as going too fast, not using their signal lights, and neglecting to hit the brakes at stoplights or before turning a right turn
- There are in-house workers in addition to freelancers. They might not even be properly licensed or insured
- Vehicle accidents are likely to occur in either of these scenarios, posing a severe threat to innocent bystanders.
For A Free Consultation, Contact Car Accident Lawyer In Marksville, LA
The Chris J. Roy, Jr. APCL was established by a Car Accident Lawyer In Marksville, LA, Chris J. Roy Jr., who practices in central Louisiana. After an accident, the road to recovery can be long and winding, and our Marksville law firm understands this better than anyone. By keeping you informed and handling the details, he hopes to reduce litigation’s mental, financial, and physical burdens so you can focus on healing.
The firm is the ideal size to handle any personal injury claim while still providing you with the individualized attention your case deserves. Chris J. Roy, Jr. will look into your legal options to ensure you get the largest settlement possible. Chris has been a reliable ally to residents of Marksville and the rest of Louisiana by handling numerous accident claims on their behalf over the years.
Nearly 30 years ago, I began representing victims of car accidents, nursing home abuse and neglect, and small business owners who were being harassed by influential organizations with deep pockets, such as insurance companies.
Our Car Accident Lawyer In Marksville, LA is happy to serve as your legal representative and work closely with you for the best outcome in your case. Call The Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC today at 1-318-413-6731 or contact us online via this Contact Us form, and we will call you back to schedule a consultation to learn more about your case and where it stands.
Getting Results For Our Clients
Car Accident Verdict / Settlement
Nursing Home Injury Verdict / Settlement
Malpractice Verdict / Settlement
Slip & Fall Verdict / Settlement
Mr. Roy’s office provided excellent service. They took care of my needs and made sure I was well and obtained a fair settlement for my injuries
This is my first time using Chris, if I ever need a lawyer again he will be the one I call. I would refer him to anyone in need of a lawyer.
If ever in need of a great attorney who listens and actually cares about you this is the man for you!! He was my attorney and I won the case and he still checks on me to this date! Thanks for everything Chris.
If Chris Roy Jr. tells me something about my case, he tells me the truth. I have referred friends and family and he has always taken care of their cases. He has been my attorney on all matters for over twenty five years.