Car Accident Lawyer in Lake Charles, LA
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Americans spend more than a million days in hospitals due to injuries sustained in vehicle accidents. These head injuries can result in mild whiplash, severe brain injury, and even death.
In 2012, over 2.5 million Americans sought medical attention for collision-related injuries, and over 200,000 were hospitalized. These incidents negatively impacted a vast number of American families in a variety of ways. In 2012, accident-related medical expenditures were $18 billion, while lost earnings potential due to impairments cost disaster victims $33 billion.
Contact our skilled car accident lawyer in Lake Charles, LA, at the Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC. If you or a family member has been harmed in an accident caused by some other driver’s negligence, contact APLC for a free consultation. In addition, you may contact us at 318-413-6731. As previously indicated, you would not be charged until your claim is settled favorably; the consultation is free.
Common Injuries In Automobile Crashes
Every automotive accident has the potential for devastating results. When vehicles collide at high speeds, practically every type of damage is possible. Many of these effects are severe and long-lasting. Nevertheless, the following are among the most frequent injuries and ailments encountered in automobile accidents:
- Neck Injuries- Whiplash is perhaps the most prevalent neck injury sustained in automobile accidents. When an injury causes an individual’s head to move violently back and forth, straining the neck’s ligaments, whiplash occurs. The majority of whiplash patients recover gradually. However, more severe neck injuries may need extensive therapy.
- Injuries To The Legs And Knees – When a vehicle’s systems are destroyed, the person’s right leg is frequently subjected to extreme force. These wounds can vary from minor injuries to catastrophic traumas such as shattered legs or amputation.
- Bone Fractures– Fractures are serious injuries that require immediate medical treatment. Compound traumas refer to significant bone fractures. This condition develops when a bone protrudes through the skin
Despite their impact, none of these injuries pose the same level of danger as brain or spinal injuries. Experience has taught our car accident attorneys in Lake Charles, LA, that the final two of the five most prevalent types of injuries are perhaps the most impacting:
- Injuries to the Spinal Cord – Similar to other mentioned injuries, the extent of spinal cord impairments varies significantly. Vertebral fractures can lead to full or partial paralysis. Depending on which spine segment is injured, a person with a spinal injury might become immobile in one of two ways (called “neurological level”). Tetraplegia, sometimes known as quadriplegia, is a condition that affects the hands, chest, thighs, waist, and pelvic organs.
The condition affects only the chest, pelvic bones, and thighs. A back injury can cause a person’s capacity to function to be severely and permanently impaired. If you believe that someone has experienced a severe permanent handicap, you should be aware of the associated signs and call emergency services immediately.
- Trauma To The Head – Trauma to the head can range from mild edema to traumatic brain injury and other potentially fatal brain illnesses. Typical signs of a minor head injury include headache, nausea, dizziness, mild amnesia, and brief ringing in the ears.
Severe brain injuries are characterized by altered awareness, seizures, vertigo, trouble with balance, loss of equilibrium, difficulty concentrating the gaze, sudden eye movements, loss of motor coordination, persistent headaches, poor memory, changes in mood, and fluid leaks from the ears or nose.
You should act quickly if you believe someone has sustained a severe brain injury. Request immediate assistance. You should also contact an experienced car accident lawyer in Winfield, LA. We are here to assist you with your particular case and any associated legal actions.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Lake Charles, LA, For A Free Consultation
Contact Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC if you or a relative or friend have sustained a personal injury due to another driver’s negligence. Chris J. Roy, Jr. is a third-generation auto accident attorney with thirty years of expertise and a degree from LSU. Our car accident lawyers in Lake Charles, LA, have the experience, expertise, and resources necessary to assist you in challenging your claim and achieving the desired result.
If you send us an email or contact us at 318.413.6731, Chris J. Roy, Jr., and his colleagues in Lake Charles will gladly assist you and give you a free consultation. You are not required to pay us professional fees until your matter is handled equitably.
Why Work With Our Car Accident Lawyer In Lake Charles, LA?
The majority of motorists pay no attention to the range of cars on the road, assuming that all automobiles are the same. However, the legislation classifies many vehicle types depending on weight, usage, and mass factors. A valid driver’s license is required for the lawful operation of a motor vehicle.
A driving license or vehicle classification may be crucial in the case of an accident. These particulars might impact the viability of a personal injury claim. Chris J. Roy, Jr., an experienced car accident lawyer in Lake Charles, LA, knows how to construct a convincing case, ensuring you obtain the highest compensation.
You will benefit from his more than three decades of expertise and experience if you retain his services. If you or a loved one has been badly wounded or killed in a car accident with a commercial vehicle in Lake Charles or elsewhere in Central Louisiana, please get in touch with Chris J. Roy, Jr. at 1-318-413-6600.
Types of Licenses for Commercial Vehicles
There are five major licensing classes in Louisiana: one for drivers, three for commercial drivers, and one for personal vehicle drivers. These are the licensing classifications:
- Class A drivers may operate all heavy trucks and truck supply trucks weighing 26,001 pounds or more.
- Class B drivers are permitted to drive any vehicle in Classes C, D, and E and any commercial truck with a GVW of more than 26,001 pounds.
- Class C drivers are permitted to operate any vehicle in Classes D and E and any truck weighing less than 26,001 pounds.
- Class D drivers and chauffeurs may operate one commercial vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 10,001 to 26,500 pounds.
- Class E drivers may operate private vehicles weighing less than 10,000 pounds. The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of a vehicle pulling other vehicles cannot exceed 10,000 pounds. GVWR.
As mandated by federal law, a Lake Charles Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) that carries persons or products for business purposes must have a minimum GVWR of 10,001 pounds.
State law identifies as a commercial vehicle any automobile used or operated on busy roads as part of an enterprise that is not a contract, chartered, or common carrier. This idea encompasses vehicles used by church schools, churches, and other religious organizations for religious purposes.
What Is A Common Carrier?
Those who transport persons or products are typically responsible for losses that transpire during travel. A regulatory authority provides public access to information. Our car accident lawyer in Lake Charles, LA has found that clients occasionally find it difficult to determine how automobiles are being driven.
Due to the different operating methods and firm divisions offered by UPS, FedEx, and DHL, it may be challenging to reach the core of every shipment, for instance. There are a variety of vehicle kinds on the roadways, and the following situations may occur:
- Box trucks, limos, and delivery trucks all offer distinct threats
- Variable transport loads, unmapped routes, and inadequately trained drivers
- Services for deliveries with strict deadlines
- Some persons may lack sufficient insurance or a valid license.
- Drivers who are exhausted, intoxicated, or otherwise distracted are more likely to speed, forget to use their blinker, fail to stop at junctions, and even run red lights.
- Some employees are independent contractors, while others are employees.
These circumstances may lead to traffic collisions that inflict severe or fatal injuries to unsuspecting drivers and passengers. You need an expert Car Accident Lawyer in Lake Charles, LA, to present your argument. The victims endure severe consequences, while their families face emotional, economic, and social challenges. Our legal firm is aware of this, so we do all necessary to reduce the stress and worry of our clients at this time.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Lake Charles, LA Today For a Free Consultation
Chris J. Roy Jr., the company’s founder, established Chris J. Roy Jr. APLC, a law firm specializing in vehicle accidents and other matters in Central Louisiana. We acknowledge that surviving a disaster may be difficult. For you to refocus on your rehabilitation, he stays in regular communication with you. He manages the details to reduce the financial, mental, and physical hardships that the processes may create.
Our firm is large enough to have the resources to handle personal injury cases, yet small enough to provide you the specialized attention you deserve. Chris J. Roy, Jr. will explore all compensation options to ensure you receive the best possible result. Chris is dedicated to aiding accident victims in Lake Charles and around the state of Louisiana. Chris has worked on several accident-related matters.
Skilled Car Accident Lawyer In Lake Charles, LA
As a former state legislator with more than three decades of professional experience, he fought for the rights of small businesses and victims of nursing home neglect and abuse against large corporations with moneyed interests, such as insurance firms. One must have the requisite knowledge, skills, and perseverance to address the intricate legal difficulties associated with automotive accidents.
Working with our Car Accident Lawyers In Lake Charles, LA, provide you with this benefit. We are devoted to providing our clients with the quality legal help, counsel, and direction they deserve during this challenging time. Our law office will provide comprehensive assistance for your vehicle accident lawsuit. When you choose us, you can rest confident that you will receive the most outstanding legal representation and the justice you desire.
Call Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC today at 1-318-413-6731 or write to us online via this Contact Us form, and we will call you back to schedule a consultation with our Car Accident Lawyer In Lake Charles, LA.
Getting Results For Our Clients
Car Accident Verdict / Settlement
Nursing Home Injury Verdict / Settlement
Malpractice Verdict / Settlement
Slip & Fall Verdict / Settlement
Mr. Roy’s office provided excellent service. They took care of my needs and made sure I was well and obtained a fair settlement for my injuries
This is my first time using Chris, if I ever need a lawyer again he will be the one I call. I would refer him to anyone in need of a lawyer.
If ever in need of a great attorney who listens and actually cares about you this is the man for you!! He was my attorney and I won the case and he still checks on me to this date! Thanks for everything Chris.
If Chris Roy Jr. tells me something about my case, he tells me the truth. I have referred friends and family and he has always taken care of their cases. He has been my attorney on all matters for over twenty five years.