Car Accident Lawyer
in Bunkie, LA
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that each year, auto accident injuries cause Americans to stay in hospitals for more than one million days (CDC). Whiplash can cause symptoms as mild as headaches or severe as brain damage or death.
In 2012, over 2.5 million people in the United States sought medical attention for injuries sustained in car accidents, with over 200,000 requiring inpatient care. Countless American families have been devastated by these injuries’ financial and emotional toll. In 2012, $33 billion was lost in wages over a lifetime, while total lifetime medical costs from accidents were $18 billion.
Please contact our Car Accident Lawyer in Bunkie, LA, at The Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC for a complimentary consultation if you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by another driver’s negligence. You can also reach us by phone at 318.413.6731. We do not charge for consultations, and you will not pay anything unless we succeed with your case.
Common Injuries In Automobile Crashes
The repercussions of any given incident could be catastrophic. High-velocity car crashes can cause almost any potential injury. However, the following are examples of some of the most typical injuries sustained in car crashes:
- Neck Injuries – The whiplash injury is the most common one sustained in car crashes. Injury to the ligaments in the neck is caused by rapid forward and backward movement of the head due to the force of an accident. Most whiplash cases heal independently, but catastrophic neck injuries could require intensive treatment.
- Leg and Knee Injuries – This kind of injury occurs frequently when broken vehicle components fall on the lower body with sufficient force. These wounds can be as minor as a scrape, as severe as a broken leg, or even amputation.
- Broken Bones – In most cases, stress fractures are life-threatening injuries that need immediate medical attention. The most serious type of bone fracture is called a compound fracture. When this happens, the bone breaks through the skin and becomes visibly protruding.
Even though all of these wounds are unpleasant, only spinal cord and brain injuries carry a high probability of permanent disability. Car Accident Lawyers In Bunkie, LA from our firm have observed that the last two of the most common types of injuries are:
- Spinal Injuries- Spinal injuries, like the other kinds of trauma mentioned, range widely in terms of their potential for harm. Spinal cord injuries can result in complete or partial paralysis. Paralysis from a spinal injury can occur in two different ways, depending on which part of the spine was damaged (known as the “neurological level”). A person with tetraplegia (also known as quadriplegia) has trouble moving their hands, trunk, legs, arms, and pelvic organs. Paraplegia affects only the lower body, but not the arms, head, or neck. A spinal cord injury can have a devastating impact on an individual’s quality of life. Know the signs of an extreme spinal injury so you can get help fast if you suspect someone you know has suffered one.
- Head Traumas– Head injuries can range from mildly uncomfortable to completely debilitating and include anything from a simple bump to the head to something like a concussion and beyond. Symptoms of a concussion include headache, nausea, dizziness, mild confusion, and momentary ringing in the ears.
Common signs of a severe head injury include impaired consciousness, seizures, vertigo, balance problems, confusion, difficulty focusing the eyes, unusual eye movements, absence of muscular control, acute headache, memory problems, mood changes, and the leakage of clear fluid from the ears or nose.
Take prompt action if you suspect someone has suffered a severe head injury. The need for immediate contact with emergency services. The hiring of an experienced Car Accident Lawyer In Bunkie, LA is also crucial. With our assistance, you can navigate the complex legal procedures associated with your case.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Bunkie, LA, For A Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence, you should get in touch with The Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC. Chris J. Roy, Jr. is the third generation of lawyers from his family to work at APLC and is a graduate of Louisiana State University. If you were involved in a car accident, our team of car accident lawyers in Bunkie, LA, is here to help.
We have the knowledge, experience, and resources to ensure you receive your compensation. Leave a message or call us at (318) 413-6731 to set up a free consultation with Chris and the rest of the team in their Bunkie offices.
Why Work With Our Car Accident Lawyer In Bunkie, LA?
Most motorists don’t give much consideration to the wide range of vehicles they pass on the road. Trucks are trucks, and cars are cars. However, the law divides vehicles into distinct categories depending on factors like their weight, purpose, and load. A category-specific driver’s license is required before a person can legally operate a category-specific vehicle.
In the case of an accident, knowing how a car and a driver’s license are classified could be of vital importance. These particulars could determine the success of a claim for damages due to personal injury. Chris J. Roy, Jr. is a highly competent Car Accident Lawyer In Bunkie, LA, who knows how to construct a compelling case to win maximum compensation for his clients.
Hiring our Car Accident Lawyer in Bunkie, LA gives you access to his three decades of experience and knowledge. Get in touch with our Bunkie car accident attorney Chris J. Roy, Jr., at (1-318) 413-6600 if you or a loved one has been seriously hurt or killed in a commercial vehicle accident in Bunkie or anywhere else in Central Louisiana.
Types of Commercial Vehicle Licenses
In Louisiana, there are three primary licenses for commercial drivers, one for chauffeurs and one for individuals who wish to operate a personal vehicle (individuals who want to operate motorcycles must obtain an endorsement to their existing license).
- Every commercial vehicle or combination of commercial trucks with a maximum weight of 26,001 pounds is legal for Class A drivers to operate.
- Those with a Class B license are authorized to drive any vehicle from Classes C through E and any commercial vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of more than 26,001 lbs.
- Class C license holders are authorized to drive Class D and Class E vehicles and any combination of vehicles weighing just under 26,001 pounds.
- Class D drivers are regarded chauffeurs and can legally operate any Class E vehicle or just any single commercial vehicle with a GVWR between 10,001 and 26,001 pounds.
- Drivers with a Class E license are considered private vehicle owners, free to operate any motor vehicle weighing less than 10,001 pounds. The maximum gross vehicle weight for any vehicle being towed by such a vehicle is 10000 pounds. GVWR.
Commercial motor vehicles in Bunkie with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 10,001 pounds or over are required by law to be registered as CMVs in the United States. A commercial vehicle is defined by Louisiana law as any vehicle used or operated on a public highway for any company event other than that of a standard, contract, or charter carrier, including automobiles owned and used for religious purposes by churches, religious schools, and religious organizations.
What Is A Common Carrier?
It is common practice for the carrier to bear the risk of any goods lost or damaged while in transit. A governing body has given the green light for these services to be offered to the public. Our experience as Car Accident Lawyers In Oakdale-Leesville, LA, has shown us that our clients don’t always understand the full extent of their vehicle’s use.
Since UPS, FedEx, and DHL offer so many services and have so many divisions, it may be challenging to get to the meat of each shipment. There are many different types of vehicles on the road, and many kinds of road conditions, such as:
- Hazards abound in vehicles such as courier vans, limousines, and box trucks. Intensely time-sensitive delivery services
- Freight that might or might not be stable en route, plus uncharted terrain populated by drivers who lack sufficient skills.
- Drivers sleepy, drunk, or distracted drivers are more likely to take risks like speeding, not using their turn signals, rolling through stoplights, or even turning right on red.
- They range from independent contractors to full-time employees.
- Some people might not have the proper credentials or insurance.
You need an experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Bunkie, LA, to fight your case if any of the causes above a car crash that leaves innocent people with life-changing injuries.
For a Free Consultation, Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer In Bunkie, LA Today
Chris J. Roy Jr., the founding partner of the law firm The Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC, located in the heart of Louisiana, is a law firm that focuses on representing victims of car crashes. We understand that life after an unfortunate incident could be difficult. He keeps in close contact with you and handles all the details so that you can focus on your recovery without worrying about the costs or emotional toll of a lawsuit.
The firm is sizable enough to deal with personal injuries. However, it’s still manageable and sufficient to provide you with the individualized attention your case deserves if you bring it to them. To maximize your financial recovery, Chris J. Roy, Jr. will investigate all potential sources of compensation. Chris takes great pride in helping crash victims in Bunkie and across Louisiana, and he has handled hundreds of cases involving such accidents.
Skilled Car Accident Lawyer In Bunkie, LA
He has spent over 30 years as both a state legislator and an attorney for people who have been injured in car accidents, fighting for the rights of those who have been wronged, whether by careless drivers, abusive nursing home staff, or even just small businesses up against large insurance companies.
When you hire our Car Accident Lawyers in Bunkie, LA, you’ll have access to the knowledge, skill, and aggression necessary to deal with the legalities and various technicalities surrounding auto accidents.
Call Chris J. Roy, Jr. APLC today at 1-318-413-6731 or contact us online via this Contact Us form, and we will call you back to schedule a consultation with our Car Accident Lawyer In Bunkie. With us, you will always get complete assistance with your car accident matter from start to end.
Getting Results For Our Clients
Car Accident Verdict / Settlement
Nursing Home Injury Verdict / Settlement
Malpractice Verdict / Settlement
Slip & Fall Verdict / Settlement
Mr. Roy’s office provided excellent service. They took care of my needs and made sure I was well and obtained a fair settlement for my injuries
This is my first time using Chris, if I ever need a lawyer again he will be the one I call. I would refer him to anyone in need of a lawyer.
If ever in need of a great attorney who listens and actually cares about you this is the man for you!! He was my attorney and I won the case and he still checks on me to this date! Thanks for everything Chris.
If Chris Roy Jr. tells me something about my case, he tells me the truth. I have referred friends and family and he has always taken care of their cases. He has been my attorney on all matters for over twenty five years.